Are you inspired by garden design, have a natural flare for it, and wish you could combine your interest and your talent to create the garden of your dreams? Then why not pave yourself a pathway to a thriving career in landscaping by signing up to this comprehensive course and make that dream, a reality.
Why should I enrol on this course?
An information-packed, self-paced programme that is organised onto 10 easy-to-digest modules. This flexible programme promises to deliver everything you need by way of skill and technique to develop bespoke designs for both public and private landscaping.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The course will help you develop a solid understanding of the principles and procedures underlying the design and development of garden areas.
- Understand the basic principles of the design procedure.
- Identify pre-planning information required.
- Differentiate between formal, normal and natural gardens.
- Discover how gardens have changed over the years.
- Understand the relationship between design and construction.
- Recognise the importance of adequate drainage.
- Identify the importance of accurate specifications and contracts.
- Identify types of surfacing available.
- Understand the performance considerations when selecting a surface.
- Identify the different characteristics of trails.
- Learn how to plan a trail.
- Understand basic safety when working with electrically powered tools and equipment.
- Understand the causes of soil degradation.
- Select the correct methods for testing soils.
- Understand the importance of drainage.
- Identify common garden features in a traditional cottage garden.
- Understand how to plan for a water feature.
- Select appropriate materials for edging, steps and walling.
- Differentiate between ferrous and non-ferrous metals used in tools.
- Explain how to lay and maintain a lawn.
- Identify other structures that may be used in landscaping.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No pre-requisite.
- Readily available for you to access online from anywhere.
- In just 10 short units you can acquire the skills to transform your garden into a place of relaxation for family and friends.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Once you have successfully completed all the units for your course, you will be awarded: An endorsed Diploma for your portfolio.
- Basic Design Procedure
- History of Gardening Styles
- Draughting and Contracting
- Basic Landscape Construction
- Surfacings, Furnishings and Features
- How to Make Trails
- Tools and Machinery
- Cottage Garden Features
- More on Tools and Machinery
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above