Special Educational Needs Diploma
If you aspire to help young people and children who have special or additional needs, then this course is for you!
Children with special needs find it harder to learn than others in their age group. As a special needs teacher (SEN), you will work with individuals who have physical disabilities, sensory impairments (i.e. hearing or visual), speech and language difficulties. You will help and inspire them to overcome the hurdles of learning with dyslexia, conditions such as autism, social, emotional and mental health needs, or have a combination of these difficulties.
Why should enrol onto this course?
Enrol onto this course and you will be able to give the gift of confidence to students and help them achieve their full educational potential.
The programme will equip you with essential skills to pave a career path towards becoming a SEN teacher, where the role is extremely varied and a high level of satisfaction.
A flexible programme consisting of 4 easy-to-digest modules which you will study and complete online, means that you can enjoy the benefit of learning from anywhere, at a time that best fits around your existing commitments.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This course will teach you all aspects of working with children who have specific special educational needs and requirements.
On completion of the course you will:
Understand child and young person development, exploring the expected pattern of children and young people’s development from birth to 19 years and how the different areas of development can affect one another.
Gain an understanding of how to support disabled children and young people, and establish how to meet their specific needs as well as research partnership working with other agencies.
Learn to support children and young people to achieve their learning potential by creating a stimulating and supportive learning environment.
Understand the speech, language and communication needs of children and young people with behavioural, social and emotional difficulties and be able to support positive practice related to speech, language and communication needs.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No pre-requisite to enrol on to this course.
- Available with immediate access from anywhere.
- It can be studied in your own time, at your own pace.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Once you have successfully completed all the modules for your course, you will be awarded:A Diploma.
- Child and young person’s development
- The support of disabled children and young people and those with specific requirements
- Supporting children and young people to achieve their learning potential
- Working with children and young people with speech, language and communication needs.
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above
CompatibilityWindows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android