Treat yourself and give someone else an experience, which promotes a physical, spiritual, emotional and mental sense of harmony, with the use of essential oils and massage.
Say goodbye to stress and anxiety and welcome a well-balanced mind, body and spirit. Sign up for this course, which will teach you ways to improve the general state of health and well-being. Gain essential skills and techniques about this entirely relaxing, comforting, reassuring and healing therapy, which uses the essences from plants to help alleviate and cure many ailments.
Why should I enrol onto this course?
Information packed course consisting of 24 modules that will take you along a very successful path towards becoming a highly regarded therapist in the Beauty sector. This fun-filled, flexible course will fit so easily into your current schedules or commitments.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This course will take you through from extraction to application of oils for therapeutic purpose as well as cover aromatherapy massage techniques and enable you to successfully practice as an aroma therapist.
- Learn the concept of Aromatherapy.
- Understand the origins and history of Aromatherapy.
- Discover the energy fields, chi and Yin and Yang.
- Explore the importance and function of smell.
- Understand the relationship between smell and emotional response.
- Learn how we sense smell.
- Discover how smell is linked to memory and emotion.
- Learn about the general characteristics of a composite cell and its nucleus.
- Look at the types of epithelium and identify an organ in which each type occurs.
- Learn about the structure of the skin.
- Learn about the functions of the skin.
- Discover the accessory organs associated with the skin.
- Understand the general structure of a bone and list functions performed by these parts.
- Identify the four major categories of bones.
- Explore the vertebral column (spine).
- Learn about the functions of the thorax.
- Understand how the positions of skeletal muscles are related to the movements they produce and how muscles interact to produce these movements.
- Look at three types of muscle tissue.
- Look at the parts of a muscle fibre and the function performed by each part.
- Distinguish between a muscle’s origin and its insertion.
- Discover the general structure of a neuron.
- Identify the major parts of the brain.
- Identify the cranial nerves and list their major functions.
- Distinguish between the parasympathetic and sympathetic division of the autonomic nervous system.
- Recognise the characteristics of the major endocrine glands.
- Recognise the general functions of the hormones secreted by endocrine glands.
- Understand the 28-day menstrual cycle in females.
- Identify the various diabetic conditions and processes.
- Discover the structure of the eye.
- Discover the function of the eye.
- Discover the structure of the ear.
- Understand the function of the ear.
- Identify the essential foodstuffs needed on a daily basis.
- Look at the general function of the various digestive organs.
- Look at the structure of the alimentary canal wall.
- Understand how the contents of the alimentary canal are mixed and moved.
- Explore the functions of the key organs of the respiratory system.
- Learn how oxygen and carbon dioxide are exchanged between the air and the blood.
- Identify some of the common disorders of the respiratory system.
- Identify the components that make up blood.
- Study the primary functions of the blood.
- Study the locations of the major parts of the heart and look at the functions of each part.
- Explore the notion of blood circulation within the human body.
- Explain the general function of the lymphatic system.
- Explore a lymph node and its major functions.
- Understand the functions of the thymus.
- Understand the functions of the spleen.
- Understand the function of the urinary system.
- Discover the location, structure and function of the kidneys.
- Study a nephron and understand the function of its major parts.
- Understand the structure urinary bladder and urethra.
- Identify the parts of the male reproductive system and describe the functions of each part.
- Identify the parts of the female reproductive system and discuss the functions of each part.
- Explore the structure of the mammary glands.
- Understand the origin of essential oils.
- Discover how essential oils are extracted.
- Identify between the 'notes'.
- Identify what utensils are required for blending.
- Identify the classification of carrier oils.
- Understand the properties of carrier oils..
- Look at two specialised carrier oils Identify four top, middle and base note oils..
- Understand how long the effects of top, base and middle notes generally last..
- Identify the most versatile of all oils and discover two, which are very expensive..
- Define the term ‘contra-indication’ and give two examples where this term would apply..
- Understand how to select and blend oils for common conditions..
- Understand the connection of the subtle body to the physical..
- Learn the term 'chakra'..
- Identify the sites of the chakra..
- Learn the functions of the Chakra system..
- Explore the meridian system..
- Discover the meaning of stress..
- Recognise the effects of stress..
- Look at strategies to help manage stress..
- Understand the importance of an accurate consultation..
- Identify common contraindications to Aromatherapy / Massage treatment.
- Understand the process of centering yourself and why this is important.
- Discover the benefits of Aromatherapy massage.
- Identify the movements in Aromatherapy massage.
- Understand the relationship of the meridian cycle and massage.
- Discover the ideal skin condition for the absorption of essential oils.
- Differentiate between relaxing and stimulating massage.
- Discover the sequence of massage.
- Explore the following massages: Relaxing, Stimulating.
- Evaluate in detail how you would perform a massage sequence of the back area.
- Establish why massage of the stomach is up to the client.
- Understand the purpose of the Client Consultation Form.
- Discover how to set up a therapy practice as a business.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No pre-requisite.
- Readily available for you to access online from anywhere.
- You can enhance your current career status by adding this qualification to your portfolio.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Once you have completed the course, you will be equipped with valuable knowledge to find employment, boost your current status, or you could take your dream further and look to set up your own business within the field.
- Essential oils - extraction, mixing and blending
- The subtle anatomy
- Client consultation
- Aromatherapy massage
- Oils for different symptoms
- Carrier oils
- Stress & aromatherapy
- Aromatherapy techniques
- Starting your practice
- Tables of essential oils
- Anatomy & physiology
- Muscular system
- Endocrine system
- Digestive systemv
- Reproductive system
- Circulatory system
- Skeletal system
- Nervous system
- Special senses
- Lymphatic system
- The skin, cells & tissues
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above
CompatibilityWindows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android