The world of business is a competitive one, and administration and personal assistant roles can be difficult to secure. This Business Administration Diploma is one sure way to boost your chances of getting your first admin or PA position, giving you a clear edge over other candidates. It’s also a good investment for those wishing to further their career in business administration, enabling you to polish those skills and really shine as an asset to your company.
When Will I Study?
If you’re already working, or are busy applying for positions, you might worry about whether you have the time to commit to a business administration diploma. With this e-learning course you can study whenever and wherever is most convenient, whether that’s in the evenings, during your lunch breaks or even during your commute. 21 short modules mean this course is structured for easy learning in manageable chunks.
How Do I Prove My New Skills?
On completion of this course you’ll take a multiple choice test online to consolidate your learning. A successful pass means you’ll be awarded a certificate which you can download and print to show to potential or current employers.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Complete 21 modules over approximately 15 hours to improve your skills across all the key aspects of a business administration position.
- Begin with an introduction to the roles and responsibilities of a PA or admin assistant.
- Learn how to manage a diary effectively, including scheduling appointments, developing a user-friendly diary system and how to plan ahead successfully.
- Develop your business letter writing skills, including looking at structure, editing and how to be persuasive.
- Learn how to properly compose and send faxes, memorandums and emails.
- Practise those important telephone skills, including speaking in a professional tone and how to conduct business over the phone.
- Benefit from tips on how to effectively communicate over the phone and what mistakes to avoid.
- Learn all you need to know about making business travel arrangements, including what to look for in a hotel, what to avoid, and how to plan and execute a successful business trip.
- Understand how to set up an effective filing system, how to categorise and manage your system and why it’s important.
- Develop your time management and task prioritisation skills for maximum efficiency.
- Look at invoicing and petty cash in detail.
- Understand the importance of customer care and how to represent your company in a professional manner.
- Learn how to manage customer complaints, including executing a complaints procedure and what to avoid.
- Improve your work planning skills and understand how to structure your plans for maximum efficiency.
- Discover how to prepare, present, proofread and send written documents.
- Learn techniques for building confidence at work and understand how you can benefit from improved confidence.
- Improve your typing and touch typing skills.
- Learn how to transcribe audio and what mistakes and errors to avoid.
- Continue with learning how to organise effective and successful meetings. And why they’re important.
- Learn how to competently use Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word in your workplace setting.
- Gain tips on getting the most out of the above computer programs and some simple ideas for troubleshooting.
- Polish your customer communication and reception skills, and understand which skills are important and why.
- Learn how to handle communication and reception tasks, and how to avoid problems.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- 12 months access to this course, so you can revisit the material whenever you feel you need a refresher.
- Compatible with major browsers and devices.
- Learn at your own pace, and at a time and place that suits you.
- No entry requirements make this course accessible to everyone.
- Start learning straight away, once payment is received.
- Get the edge on other candidates applying for admin assistant or PA jobs.
- Advance your career in administration by developing your useful skills further.
Really mean business and set yourself apart as an efficient admin or personal assistant, with the excellent skills developed through this course.
- The role of a personal assistant/secretary
- The difference between a personal assistant and secretary
- Associated job role and responsibilities
- Requisite skills required for the job
- Manage dates, times and schedule appointments
- How to be creative and develop a user-friendly diary system
- Use our tips and implement them into the role of a PA
- How to plan ahead successfully
- How to write a good business letter
- How a business letter should be structured and edited
- Common mistakes to avoid
- How to be persuasive while maintaining courtesy
- How to compose and send faxes
- How to write memorandums
- How to create and send emails
- Things to avoid when doing the above
- How to make phone calls and speak in a professional tone
- Tips on how you should communicate with people over the phone
- Mistakes that should be avoided while communicating on the telephone
- How to conduct business and represent your company over the phone
- What you should look for when booking a hotel for business travel
- Things you should avoid when making travel arrangements
- How to plan and execute a successful business trip
- The role of a PA in booking hotels and making other travel arrangements for business travel
- How to set up a good filing system
- What you should avoid when creating a filing system
- How to categorise, sub-categorise and manage your filing system
- Why it is important to have a good system when running a successful business
- How to manage your time at work efficiently
- What to avoid when trying to get tasks done
- How to improve on your weak points
- How to identify the importance of tasks
- How to make invoices and send them
- What you should avoid when making invoices
- How to handle petty cash
- Why invoicing and petty cash handling are crucial to a business
- The importance of customer care
- Your role as a PA when dealing with customers
- Things you should avoid when dealing with customer care
- How to represent your company in a professional manner
- How to handle customer complaints
- Understand and execute a proper complaints procedure
- What should be avoided when dealing with complaints
- The importance of a good complaints procedure
- How to plan your work into a schedule
- The importance of proper work planning
- Things you should avoid when planning your work
- How to structure your plans for improved efficiency
- How to present written documents
- The basics of what to include when preparing and sending documents
- How to proofread your work
- The importance of document presentation and proofreading
- How to improve your confidence at work
- How you can benefit from improved confidence
- What to expect when your confidence improves
- Signs of lack of self-confidence
- Improve your typing skills beyond a beginner level
- Tips on how to improve your touch typing
- How to effectively transcribe audio
- Mistakes and errors to avoid
- Why meetings are important and what they achieve
- How you should plan and organise a meeting
- Things to avoid
- The aspects of a successful meeting and how to execute them
- What Microsoft Outlook is
- What Microsoft Outlook can do
- How it can help you in the workplace
- Simple tricks on how to get the most out of Microsoft Office
- How to understand the basics of Excel
- How to easily navigate Excel
- Why Excel is a useful tool for making spreadsheets
- Simple ideas for troubleshooting
- Understand the basics of PowerPoint
- How to navigate PowerPoint
- How you can benefit from using PowerPoint
- Troubleshooting guide for basic PowerPoint
- How to successfully use Microsoft Word
- How to navigate around Microsoft Word
- Tips and tricks for easy use or shortcuts
- Troubleshoot simple problems on Word
- The importance of customer communication skills
- The most important reception skills
- How to handle tasks at work efficiently
- What to avoid and how to overcome problems with customer communication
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
CompatibilityWindows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android